Saturday, October 21, 2006

updating a boring life

Autumn visited today. It was nice to actually have a conversation with her - we've really never done that at length. We normally don't see eye-to-eye on anything, and our lives haven't traveled in the same direction.

I wonder if others encounter the same distance in their relationships with siblings. I think she sees me as the person I used to be. We didn't spend any time together while I was in college, or after I graduated - for that matter. Those were my formative years. I spent my teen years uncomfortable and awkward. I was itching to leave, and when I did, I was finally able to figure out how I fit into the world.

One of my cats started "talking" to her. Up till now, this particular cat has only talked to Jeremy and me. This cat is the smarter of the two, and I think Autumn and I must smell or sound similar or something like that. Natalie seemed to know that it would be okay to talk to this person she has seen only once or twice before.


Jeremy is out for the evening. A close friend of his is up from Texas, so he decided to get catch up. I thought I would go to bed early, but I found all this energy to do some research, write and watch a little TV.

I didn't grade any papers today. I need to finish everything by noon tomorrow. Jeremy, Nathan and I are going to a cider mill. I haven't been to one in so long...I am excited.

No comments: