Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Advice

I have a few friends who offer me advice on my life. I am just so bad at it lately.

One told me tonight that I just need to get past it - I experienced some things this year that were completely out of my control, and I need to accept that, process the emotions, and move the fuck on.

It's good advice, and very necessary advice for me to follow. I jsut don't knwo how to do this.


I'm half super thankful for these people telling me what I need to hear....I'm half angry. They don't fuckign understand waht sort of hell I've expereienced in the past year - how some things will NEVER be the same again.

2 comments:

Ann Cser said...

I can't say that I know what you are going through. But, I certainly had a life changing experience as well. There is no getting over it, or moving on. There is only moving forward. For me, that consisted of taking it moment by moment at first, then step by step and day by day, until I am now at the point where I can see a future for myself and actually strive to make that future happen. Be gentle with yourself, I know this past year hasn't been easy for you. I think that you are a wonderful person even though I've never met you. And I want you to know that I deeply admire you!!!

Lish said...

We've met, but it was not a good, happy meeting. We met briefly when i went to see Chris one last time.

And you are right....there is no getting over it....just moving forward. I admire you for standing so strong through everything you've been through.