Saturday, July 28, 2007

a late night

I am home again from a late night of drinking. I didn't think I would return so late, but one must be open to that sort of thing when drinking.

It was a good night. I got giggly drunk fairly quickly. I continued drinking, but I managed to sober up around 2:30. I sat by my drinking partner's side while he left a memento of his experience in the flower box outside some shop. When I sobered up, I tried to convince him to let me drive him home. That was a no-go. I'm not quite sure why. Eventually, after some drunk calls to his buddy, he seemed to sober up. I followed him home and toured his new house.

I still find it incredible that people our age are settling into houses and neighborhoods. I know this is about that age, but I don't have a house - I assume everyone has my goals, my dreams, my expectations. I am nowhere near where I want to be when I "settle down".

...

It's 5:30...Dawson's Creek is on. I can't believe I am sitting around waiting for the sun to come up. I can't sleep...I am nowhere near needing sleep. I slept last night. I think I will clean the kitchen and fold the rest of my laundry. The thing is...I should probably pour myself a few glasses of wine, just to get this all moving along. I am a really dedicated housekeeper when intoxicated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is time for me to write another uselessly long post. ;)

Nothing is coming to mind though. Lots of small thoughts that has nothing to connect them together.

I have been crazy busy the past few weeks. Lots of hours at work. I have also started dating someone who is quite possible the most compatible person I have ever dated. She is amazing.

If you are still interested, I am more then willing to get together with you for a jog, walk, or biking experience. Just lining up the timing would be the issue now.

Where did you all go out to last night? Michigan Brewers Beer Festival was in Ypsilanti this weekened. Good Stuff. A couple of us went out there, then got soaked in the rain. We skipped out on going to SideTrack and came back to my place to nightcap it here...

Anyway, I have to get ready to head off to work. I hope things are going well for you.

Lish said...

Joe and I went to John Cowley & Son's pub. Then we spent hours in the parking lot (that sounds bad, doesn't it?) and a park bench sobering up.

Is the beer festival still going on tonight? Jeremy will be flying in, and it might be a nice surprise for him.

I am still interested in walking (I have to get my bike fixed pronto!). I don't know about the next week, though, as Jeremy and I will be doing a little bit of traveling to possible wedding reception sites. I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

The beer festival Saturday Session was from 1-6pm. So I guess you missed out. :(

John Cowley and Son's is my favorite local Pub. I need to get up there this week sometime.

Lish said...

Sean O'Callaghan's in Plymouth is pretty nice. We should organize a pub night.

Anonymous said...

Cowley's is right by my place! Mike and I like to go there! We haven't been inside Callahan's but we've been meaning to..

Anytime you guys want a night out, just let us know! We are game!!

BTW - my final exam is Thursday night, so not before then;-)