Saturday, November 22, 2008

Little Bits

I find telling some my truths / secrets very therapeutic. The problem is that I can only let them out in little bits at a time, or else I feel overwhelmed by emotion and I either shut down or flip out.

Jessy, Joe, and Carrie have been great listeners lately. I don't know what I would do without them. Maureen is usually someone I can talk to, but I know she is busy with work and grad school (and a live-in boyfriend...two cats...etc.). Melissa is always busy. She doesn't stay still at all. Jessy sat in my classroom and played the guitar and sang for me while I graded papers on Friday. It was awfully sweet of him.

The truths I have are nothing that I can do anything about, which is sad. I just need to find some other way of dealing with them. I have ideas, but they never seem to work out well.

2 comments:

Joe C said...

Opening up about some things is a good thing. Find your solace.

And of that doesn't work, I hear hooking up with an ex is a great way of dealing with some of the truths... ;-)

You'll get through. Trust me.

Anonymous said...

I am never too busy for you! You can call me at any time!! You know that! I always welcome our conversations!!