Saturday, November 07, 2009

Patio Furniture

I feel down, but I feel even worse for being down when so much of my life is decent. Other people have gone through, and are going through, so much more turmoil than I could ever possibly imagine. I want to put everything into perspective properly, but it's difficult when I try to map things out for myself, whether it be a life goal or simply plans for the evening, and others disregard me or forget me.

I snapped at someone on the phone today and then abruptly ended the call. This person did not necessarily deserve the treatment, but I was irritated and hurt. I don't know that this person knows enough about me to leave me alone for a while to build myself back up. I assume that most people don't enjoy confrontation, so I doubt that this particular person will rush to fix my wounded pride.

I have felt a little down all day, and this situation was a blow to my ego. I called a few people who always make me feel better, even though I know that their soul purpose in life is not just to make me feel better. I suppose I was just trying to reach out to my support system. I do that now. I didn't before, and I wound up having even more problems. No one answered.

I'm just going to go sit at my freshly painted patio table in my backyard for a while.

No comments: