Saturday, December 16, 2006

Counting calories and more

I am stressed and my little obsessive-compulsive traits are really starting to shine.

I scrubbed every inch of my bathroom today, using an old toothbrush to scrub the small nooks and crannies around moldings, etc. I took a short break (exactly 5 minutes) and began to scrub my kitchen the same way. All of my dishes are put away, and the handles for all of my coffee mugs match, for once.

I balanced my checkbook, paid all of my bills for the next month, printed out my recipes for vegetarian chili, started my laundry (separated by color and fabric type), vacuumed the stairs (AGAIN), and I have just taken another short break to write this. In twenty minutes, I will write in my journal - after I vacuum my living room furniture (I am hoping to buy a new set of furniture within one month!). I already planned and printed out a visual representation of my interior design idea.

I didn't eat the healthiest meal this morning. I had waffles, but I used organic preserves and I have been very active today. I have to make up for my poor judgment and willpower later with steamed vegetables and tofu - which could actually come out tasting great.

Jeremy is giving a flying lesson, so I have time to hop in the shower and go shopping...or maybe I will complete all of my work for the rest of the semester. I will most likely have grad classes to worry about when I am returning to my school, so I want to put myself ahead of the game.

I am working on several songs that I can sing and play with the ukulele. I am surprised how quickly I am picking it up. It just sucks that I feel I need to play each chord progression and song three times (perfectly) before I can go on to some other task.

I still need to finish decorating my tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not consider your obsessive-compulsive tendencies to be bad things... You are keeping your living space clean and getting other things accomplished! Good for you! I wish I had your motivation/determination.

How about taking a short break next week to spend some time with a good friend???

Lish said...

That sounds great.