Saturday, June 09, 2007

bloggety blog blog blog

Another Saturday just about gone. No plans for later.

Jeremy's in Minneapolis. I had considered hanging out with friends tonight, but I never followed through and called them. They never called me either, so I guess we're cool.

With summer vacation official started, I need someone to hang out with. I am tired of sitting around. I am already tired of cleaning. I am tired of not having an exciting life - I had one in college, I had one in Florida (which led to some unwanted attention from a coke-head - a story for another time), I had a great social life in Battle Creek. Paw Paw only lent itself to foster that side of me that loves nature walks and photography. I did meet a few people in K'zoo, though, and we had good times (especially when Mike drove in a took me to see Brian Vander Ark at Kraftbrau after a lovely dinner at Olde Peninsula). This year, I've been able to hang out with new friends from work. I could hang out with them every Friday, but I think that that will put me on the track I was in Florida, which is the path toward developing a drinking problem (you can ask Jeremy what I was like when he returned - I quit drinking - cold turkey - and experienced some interesting things). I want to see my old friends. That seems to take a lot more planning.

Who would like to hang out with me? Leave a comment or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lish! I always want to hang out with you. You are always welcome to stop by and chill with MH and me. He is becoming quite the chef now-a-days.
And he will be taking a photography class this summer and we both love to take walks and photos.... Saturday mornings could be our thing.... what do you say?

Lish said...

That could be nifty!