Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Lish

To whom it may concern - you know who you are...

The reason I surround myself with interesting (and often tragically flawed) people is that I am often afraid to just go out and live. I'd rather live vicariously through someone who does not have that little voice in his/her head that tells him/her to worry about the consequences. I like being the reliable one. I like being the responsible one. I fear making mistakes.

But then, we introduce alcohol, and there I am - stumbling alongside the wild ones, relying on others to make sure I get home. Thank you to those who look out for me.

I think this summer may surprise you yet. I choose to throw caution to the wind. I choose to laugh openly, drink wildly, and be that person Jesse and Mike spend time with. ReeNee and Beck see contemplative drunk Lish. I don't like her, do you? She's boring and whiny.

I choose to show the one-and-a-half beer Lish. She likes to wear feather boas and sing karaoke and dance like no one's watching and flash her fiance and make jokes and flirt and do yoga and put her hair in pigtails and ogle men and be outgoing and not apologize for poor grammar and foul language. Now, who wants to buy this Lish her next drink?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always liked every version of Lish.....

But I do rarely get to see the wild one.... I'll buy you a drink when you come to my place for a visit.....
I'm still holding my Germany photos hostage...

Joe C said...

I'd like to see the drunk version of you again, because well, that's an experience I've only had once.

And Hi, again, btw.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Usually people stop drinking to better themselves. I do not know if I have ever had a conversation with anyone who chooses to drink more often to better themselves.

I think Theodore and I are going to host another "party" soon. The Theme is going to be "Hey everybody, come restock the $500+ in alcohol that has been given away to all you free loaders at our other gatherings."

Obviously, it would be BYOA, maybe extra, and leave what does not get used.

Of course, I would just be using our friends to restock our bar. But it was mostly our freinds who emptied it anyway.

The trick is to Keep Phillip from pouring everyone 8 shot drinks in pint glasses. That kills the liqour supply.

Shoot, why I did I stop drinking for the summer. I need a Guinness.