Thursday, September 27, 2007

Morgen ist Freitag!

I've been speaking so much more German to my students than I did last year at this time. I am trying to work in immersion-style methods, and so far, everything seems to be going well.

My grad class was decent, although I didn't complete the reading. I stopped at the theater to pay my annual dues for band and then left. I didn't feel like I could get through rehearsal tonight. I picked up a sub on the way home and I've been running around since I arrived. It's hard to believe that I've only been home for fifty minutes. I can't remember the last time I was able to get so much done - especially while nursing a cold!

Tomorrow, my German students will take a quiz and then watch a DVD. My English students will be completely several pre-reading assignments and activities for Beowulf. I feel like I am in my element lately!

1 comment:

Stepho said...

There is a modern sequel to Beowulf called "Grendel" and it's sort of a point/counterpoint to the original epic. (Although the whole "take the monster's side" thing seemed pretty damn PC to me at the time!) There is also an amazingly rare 1960s animated movie somewhere out there called "Grendel, Grendel, Grendel." If you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend watching it. It's really interesting how such an ancient classic made it into modern times, not to mention that it's fun to see stunningly bad animation.