Wednesday, September 05, 2007

grad school

I attended my first class at Eastern. It will definitely keep me on my toes!!! I am not as well-versed in literary criticism/theory, but this will certainly change that. Ironically enough, high school English teachers can be somewhat trained out of using the different schools of thought when it comes to analyzing something. We are supposed to teach students to find "their own meaning", with which I've always found a problem.

Our anchor text that we will examine through thirty or so different "lenses" is Bram Stoker's Dracula! What a treat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!! Sounds interesting!!

Question for you: for my German class, I need to type all of my homework assignments. How do you type the "special" characters?

Lish said...

Click on 'Insert', then select 'Symbol'.

Next, make sure the font is "normal text" and the subset "Latin-1".

Well, I am off to reheat pizza and then take off for another class and then rehearsal.

I somehow have to find time to set up my online grade book, enter grades, do lesson plans, read (and reread) about 700 pages, prepare a response for my group for next Wednesday, and clean my place.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Good luck with that!
I wish you all the caffiene in the world! :-P