Monday, February 18, 2008

humbling

I met with my personal trainer today. Now that was a humbling experience. I kept a good pace with the cardio stuff, but strength-wise - I got nothing! I couldn't even do a full push-up properly (damn those old teachers who always said "Do a girl push-up!" I should have never listened to you!!!). I am not very flexible, which shouldn't be a surprise as I haven't done yoga in quite some time. My former instructors would be so disappointed in me.

So, Jeremy and I really hit the gym today. I did forty or so minutes of cardio and I started with some machines (I am thinking I should focus on building some strength again - that way I can follow through with some of the different programs more easily). I didn't attend the class I wanted tonight, as I didn't get my homework done as quickly as I had planned (I suppose I can write my three remaining papers tomorrow during the day).

I am happy to have this week-long vacation right now. I was a bit frazzled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is your personal Trainer?

I am glad to see you hit the Gym full force.

I know my times probably do not match with you guys, or else I would say we could work out together some days. I do about 2 hours at a time, varying from Cardio to Strength, but still mainly cardio.

I to could not do a single pushup when I joined, and truthfully have not been working on it as I should. But in the four weeks since I joined the Boot camp class I can do 25 (in reps of 5) and getting better.

Lish said...

Good job! My PT is Jeremy - I think he leads the boot camp class.

I've been counting calories (not anything new). I have healthy food at home, and it is harder than hell to meet that minimum number!

I also find that I am hitting the stairs to the sixth floor for my grad classes. No more elevator for me! I want a rock hard body as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy is great! Yes, he is the MThF 6am Boot camp Instructor. He is also my Personal Trainer I go to when I can (Few and far between). He is also a licensed EMT, which is good in case you have a heart attack while working out. ;)

I am going to tell him to make sure he works you twice as hard as me.

He will request that you buy a Heart Monitor / caloric expense /Running watch. Do it! It is the absolute best purchase I have made for my health. It is expensive, but I cannot work out without it now.

I use it not only to monitor my heart rate for cardio and Fat burning reasons but I also set goals on calories burned. I will go to the gym and not leave until I have burned a minimum amount of calories, usually 1,000 or more. (Yes, I set my standards high). It is especially helpful when I sneak that extra snack and know i have to burn that extra amount of calories that night.

Thursdays are Free Demo days for Boot Camp. You should try it out sometime. Each day is different, you never know what we might be doing.

Anyway, I hope you are able to achieve your goals at lifetime.