Friday, July 25, 2008

A review of my resolutions

I have never been good at keeping up with my New Year's Resolutions, so I've decided to revisit my list and try to get things back in line or change the focus for the latter half of this calendar year.

1. (still in progress) Organizing my home has not happened. Jeremy and I have re-purposed several areas and we need to make adjustments. There is no excuse for our lack of decor, though, as we have many items ready to hang on the walls. We just never follow through.

2. (steps taken) I have joined Lifetime Fitness, I am more active, and I eat a lot healthier (except when we have dinner guests).

3. (not done) I have yet to pick up another instrument. Hell, I haven't even set up my drumset in the basement.

4. (better than before) I have kept a better schedule for cleaning my home.

5. (about the same) I have been writing a little...not the massive amounts I thought I would, but I have been doing some.

6. (no progress yet) The wedding ceremony thing has been put on the back burner while Jeremy and I work on house hunts, career shifts, grad school, new undergrad programs, and traveling.

7. (a couple of steps forward) I've played my uke outside and people on the playground have heard me, but I haven't participated in any open mike nights yet.

8. (DONE!) Jeremy and I visited Munich, Germany, for several days this month! It was a hoot!

9. (some progress) Buying a house is a HUGE deal, especially considering that Jeremy and I don't necessarily see ourselves staying in our current jobs for more than a couple of years. We both want to move, so buying a house right now probably wouldn't be the best idea. We wouldn't be able to sell it.

10. (much progress has been made) I've started to force myself to stop daydreaming. It's not like I don't from time to time, but it is no longer a constant experience.

No comments: