Friday, July 04, 2008

potato salad and other adventures

I am in the middle of making mustard potato salad. Normally, I don't touch the stuff, but my mother asked me to bring it today. I simplified an already simple recipe, and now I am waiting for the potatoes to cool down so that I can add them successfully. I've made a mess of my kitchen, but that is okay - I actually enjoy cleaning that room.

I met the Mikes the night before last for drinks in Ann Arbor. It was a wonderful night out. A seemed to want to "park it" in only a couple of places, while V and I are always a bit more restless. We seek spontaneity and changes scenes in our evenings out. After A and his brother left for the night, V and I traveled to a trusty old pub. We had wanted to visit the opulent wine bar we've spent time and money in the past, but they are closed on Wednesdays. I was a little disappointed, but I got over it. Side note: I, once again, saw this really familiar-looking guy in Ann Arbor. I have no idea where I know him from. He is at least 21, but he could be a former student or possibly a classmate of mine. I don't want to walk up to him and ask why he is so familiar to me. Perhaps if I see him again within the next few weeks I will say something.

After the pub, we wandered over to a diner for omelets. Mine was excellent, by the way. Mike mimicked the other drunk people at the diner, especially those with strong and loud opinions. It was hilarious.

One of my cats hasn't been feeling well these last couple of days. I decided to spend time with her and just comfort her. She perked up today, but I have still yet to see her eat her kibble. She ate a few treats and now she is rolling around in the sunshine, so I think she will be fine.

I am heading over to my parents' house today. I feel bad that I won't be able to make an appearance at Beck's barbecue, but I suppose that is to be expected. I learned last year that trying to visit with friends at different locations can be difficult to coordinate. Later, I plan to visit with the Posts and see Nathan, Jen, and Spencer. I haven't stayed in contact very well over the past year.

No comments: