Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gray Michigan Days

I love gray Michigan days. I'm not sure what about them inspires me, but something is in the air. They remind me of times in which I stared at the world outside my bedroom window (in the old house), and that makes me think about the wonder I felt about the world.

I slept in later than I had expected, which is disappointing. I had planned to scrub my bathroom at seven or so, then go to rehearsal, then return home and work on my grad homework before the orchestra concert tonight (that I'd rather not be a part of today). I want to meet some friends tonight after the concert. I'm not sure where to go. I always want to go to Ann Arbor, but that seems a little far when most of the people I'd like to meet live east of where I live. Perhaps I should suggest Novi or something. Bar Louie is nice, but there isn't dancing.

I enjoyed my beer last night. I very rarely drink beer at home. It seems to be a beverage that I only truly enjoy when out with friends. It was glorious, though. Although some will disagree, I know that Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier is the absolute pinnacle of (wheat) beers. The Weihenstephan brewery has been brewing beer since 1040, and they consistently win awards. Next time I go to Bavaria, I will have to visit Freising so that I can tour the brewery and, perhaps, attend a beer tasting event.

No comments: