Saturday, May 22, 2010

Arguments, Disappoint, Declined Invitations...

I think I feel down lately because I am sick. I just got over something, it is seems that another cold was just waiting for its moment.

I invited someone out for an evening, but he declined. I was sad about this, but I will get over it.

I was invited out to dinner by someone who has not asked to see me in a long time. I wasn't feeling well at that point, so I declined.


I don't think anyone understands how I work, and I feel disappointed.


On top of this strange turn of events today, I got into an argument with a friend. He expressed that I make(or will make) too much in my profession. I think people fail to understand that teachers are paid a 10-month salary. Most of us request that our paychecks be spaced out over the summer so that we can balance our monthly budgets. It's a 10-month (9 full month) salary, folks. It's not an annual salary - that's why we are not paid what others are paid for having to acquire the same amount of training and degrees. Get a clue, people!

No comments: