Sunday, February 06, 2011

Socks & a Solid Man

"I could see all kinds of sock."

Christine said this about Aaron's shorter-than-normal pants when they went to a concert on Friday night. Christine doesn't mince words, and I could almost hear the conversation she must have had with him when she saw his fashion faux pas. She said that she waited until he brought it up, which he did. I don't know what would possess him to bring up his own poor sense when he is doing everything in his power to impress her.

On a related note, Rob M. called me that night to make me aware of Aaron's pursuit of Christine. Rob has become quite the friend. I cannot express how much it meant to me that he was looking out for her, how he paid attention to the irritated and uncomfortable expression on her face, and how he made sure he got a hold me to keep her safe.

Most of my friends have retreated from me last year. It hurts knowing that people just don't want to be around me, but I know that I burned some bridges during my less-than-stable portion of my life. It sucks that since regaining stability and direction, other people don't want to be around me as much. Perhaps I am not as easily influenced, and therefore, not as fun for others. I will take and cherish these newer friends. They are probably better for me, anyway.

No comments: