Thursday, July 19, 2012

Anger

My anger is costing me a new relationship. I feel C pulling away. He's spoken to me about his concerns in regard to my anger. I resent him for feeling the way he does. Another man (K)- a good friend who has indicated he would like to date me - has been comforting me and my bruised heart. Instead of just saying, "Well, you need to work on your anger," he provided me with books about processing anger and a friendly ear to help me sort through the messes of my life. I know he realizes he's helping me be more of what the guy in my new relationship wants - someone free of bitterness and anger. When K knew me before as a college student, I was actually a calm, sweet-natured form of myself - the person I still feel like on the inside, just hidden/swallowed by the hardened shell of an angry person. Anger made me stronger for a while last year after my stroke. It made me strong again after a broken heart. Now it's time to be stronger than my anger.

No comments: