Monday, July 02, 2012

Tuesday's Music

I'm horribly disorganized. I have one day to completely change that. I have a piano arriving on Tuesday - an old college friend with whom I reconnected made this possible. His parents are giving me their own piano (an antique piano that has been in their family for about 65 years). While the move and the tuning will cost about $350, the piano is a rare find and worth a hefty sum. I couldn't believe when they insisted on GIVING me the piano, free of charge. They offered it to me when I saw it and asked to play it; I haven't had a piano in my home since 2004, and I just wanted to "tickle the ivories" - in this case...REAL ivory keys. So, Tuesday will bring me something new to focus on, which is good. I've been sort of stuck in a rut lately, and music always soothes my soul.

No comments: