Monday, August 14, 2006

high stress day

Went to collect my English texts for work. I asked where my classroom would be. Unfortunately, despite the previous principal's assurance that I would have a classroom of my own, the new principal has decided not to honor that. Instead, I will relocate every class period. I am pissed. I made it clear that I would never spend another year doing what I did this past year - teaching from a cart in other teachers' rooms. It's a nightmare. I know that my complaints may not lead to anything better, but I need to contact the principal tomorrow. I also know that if I am assigned one room, it will screw over one of my colleagues - which is never a good way to make a first impression.

Also, I have no office or area to base myself or store my class-related materials.


The second thing that got to me...Jeremy and I stopped for subs, which were awful.

I had to drive Jeremy's car. I am getting better at it - the clutch isn't such a hassle to me now, but I am not good at it. Not being skilled in such an area is very aggravating.

Had an argument with my dad.

When it rains, it pours, right?


Good news: MEEMIC has paid off my vehicle, and things should be settled by the end of the week. I am hoping to receive and deposit my check by Saturday morning. Then, I can get a car by Monday evening.

No comments: