Sunday, August 27, 2006

New car!

I went to several Honda dealerships yesterday, and as fate would have it, I found the exact car I wanted - an alabaster silver 2006 Honda Civic LX at Howard Cooper Honda in Ann Arbor. It was fresh off the truck - it wasn't even unwrapped yet. It wasn't even prepared for a test drive. The salesman was so nice - no pressure to sell me anything. I think he knew that it would have sold today, no matter what. I was aware that every other car in their last shipment was already sold. I have been such a pest lately trying to get the car I want. I've called the sales staff constantly at four different dealerships.
I paid sticker price, which is something I really didn't want to do, but there is no incentive to try to make a deal with these cars - it is a very popular car for not only the incredible gas mileage (30/40) but also the standard safety features and low emissions.
I will be picking the car up on Monday or Tuesday, so things will be a lot more convenient very soon. I am glad, however, that I do know how to drive a manual transmission car.

1 comment:

Lish said...

Thanks! I will try to upload a pic soon.