Monday, January 08, 2007

I'M IN!!!

I received an email today from the local community band...I'm in! I will start off the new season with rehearsal this Thursday night. I am thrilled. I haven't been part of a group in a while. I've been teaching percussion technique since 2001, though, so I have kept up with it.

I'm in!

I'm in!

I'm in!

I returned to work today. It wasn't quite as aggravating as I had anticipated, although I really began to wonder why I hadn't gone into computer programming & networking or business...or something even more lucrative. I chose a career field in which I could impact others. I don't always feel like I make that impact, especially when reading articles like this, but I keep trying.

I also set up a weekly fitness schedule with another teacher at work. She has been a rock for me this year, so I am happy she feels like she and I can work out and be friends. I seem to becoming friends with many of the older teachers. I find many of the younger teachers somewhat wishy-washy about their education ideals. There is one, however, who has not been a part of that. I like that she is a well-rounded and kind person who seems to know what is going on. I can go to her with some of my concerns about being one of the "younger" teachers and she understands where I am coming from. I may ask her if she would like to join us.

Now, all I am waiting for is the final word from Eastern - one of my references failed to send his letter on time. I will probably begin in the spring or possibly next fall. If that is the case, I may decide to just go to Wayne State. That is my first choice, anyhow. Jeremy is supposed to upgrade to captain in a couple of months, which will set us up a little bit better financially. I can consider working a different type of job while going to school. Preferably one that does not entail me grading essays all the time. The problem is that I won't have the income I have now. I hate moving backward, but it might be necessary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Let me know when your performances are. I would love to come see you!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why my comment showed up as anonymous -- Reenee left the first and third comments.....