Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Fate again

I think I know what the message is.

Reconnect with people!

I bumped into yet another old friend on Monday, when I was shopping on my "inclement weather" day. It is obvious that I have been out of the loop with these people, and it is time for me to reconnect with those who were there in the beginning and along the way. Many of my old friends seem to be finding themselves and finding what will sustain the lives they've chosen. I have done that, but I don't feel I have found the specific school district that is best for me. It is adequate - I found a job in the Detroit area, which is quite difficult for anyone opting to teach high school English at this juncture. I do realize what a blessing it is to have a German major in addition to my English major - it is the primary reason I have my current position. I am just hoping that I will be able to add in a little bit of music at some point. I am performing in a band again, and I may be starting to give lessons soon. I have a few leads; I am working on location details (school or in my home).

Today is the second "inclement weather" day. I am thankful for the extra hours of rest, but I tend to get so lazy. I need to fold laundry and find books on teaching poetry for a student teacher at my school. I've mostly been sitting around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, We signed the lease today.

However, we are not in the unit we wanted. Apparently the unit we requested needed a lot of work and would not be done in time for our move-in date of today. So they moved us to another unit. WITHOUT informing us.

This is bad for the sole reason that we have already switched utilities over to the first unit. Nevermind that we really wanted that unit for its location and character.

So, it turns out that Unit #2 is an upgrade unit. So they moved us again. AGAIN, WITHOUT informing us.

So we show up today and they give us keys to the dead center unit of one of the longest buildings in the complex. We went to check it out and that particular unit was a wreck. Though clean, none of the cupboards or drawers anywhere in the thing lined up, and the counter was crappy.

So began day of visiting unit after unit trying to find one that was as comfortable in location, privacy, and general upkeep for both Theodore and I.

We are not very picky, but we do believe that if we are paying the place, we should have a unit that we are comfrtable in from the begining. Something we like both inside and out. (Feng shui, or something holistic in my thinking). We were also very disapointed in the fact that we would not get an end unit as promised.

So the facility eventually made us an offer. We could either wait for another comparable unit to be avaliable or they would let us take an upgraded unit for only $10 more a month.

So again we went off looking at more units, and found one we liked. Very Clean, Brand New Carpet, and the "upgrade" was only done before the previous tenant, who was not there that long.

Soooooooo, we are in building 10, second unit from the end. 10 is a unique building with only 2 two bedroom and 2 Three bedroom townhomes in it. It is tucked away in a weird little corner, and the patio opens into a more private type central shared yard, rather then the wide open areas most of the subcomplexs have.

We met a couple of the neighbors, and they all said that we were in a quite part of the complex, which is good.

Anyway, it seems that I am writing a novel here. Sorry. We will be renting a truck and moving all of Theodore's and part of my stuff in tomorrow.

:)

Anonymous said...

ooops. I think we are actually in building 11. I forget the address too.