Thursday, February 22, 2007

February 2007

So far, this year is going very well.

Jeremy proposed on Valentine's Day where we had one of our first dates in 2000. I will have to post some photos of the ring soon.

I am in three music ensembles - the Canton Concert Band, the percussion ensemble, and now the pit band for Beauty and Beast.

I am writing much more. I may even have a couple of manuscripts to send out by the end of Spring Break.

I am getting really into teaching German, as well as Shakespeare (but we all knew I am good at getting my students to understand and enjoy Shakespeare! I have a published article all about how to do that.).

I will be starting my graduate classes in the spring session (I didn't want to walk into a class having missed two of the class periods).

I am beginning to feel like I am part of the community at my school, although I don't want to be there too long. I will still be interviewing elsewhere in the Detroit area. It is nice to be part of something, though. I am buddying up with a number of people who are also new teachers there, as well as some 'seasoned veterans'. I have hit it off with one student teacher, in particular. I think it is that we share a common bond - we both attended the same high school. He graduated two years after me, but knowing that he comes to this school with a similar background is good. He's a nice guy; the kids really respond to him, and he is thrilled about teaching. That attitude is infectious. Being around people like that make me a better teacher.

I have been hanging out with friends. I cut some of them out, like MP, and my stress level has gone way down. I am only surrounding myself with the people who matter, the people who care.
I have been doing some interesting photography. I will probably upload some of the images to my myspace account. I really need to do more nautical photography this summer. I think Jeremy and I will be able to sail with his parents more than last year.

I feel healthier than I have in a long time. I am enjoying life. I am going out of my way to walk and exercise. I will be getting my bike tuned up for spring. Jeremy and I are going to create a daily routine of riding bikes and doing other types of exercise. I still cannot convince him to try yoga, though.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting with Jeremy's parents to discuss wedding plans.

On Saturday, my mother is taking me to a small bridal expo.

Jeremy and I already know that we want, for the most part. I just need to make sure my mother and my future mother-in-law don't try to take over. Autumn went through that nightmare a few years ago. I am setting things up my way right away. I could probably have this thing planned and ready to go in about a month, just because I take care of things as soon as possible, but I want Jeremy to be involved. That will stretch this out. That will also give me time to lose more weight, so I am ready for a honeymoon backpacking through Europe or hiking in New Zealand.

...So much to think about...

I still have to grade 75 English tests and 50 German tests tonight. I also need to create graphic organizers for Act III of Julius Caesar for my tenth graders. Then, I have to write letters to my seminar (study hall) students' parents. I don't think I have time to work on one of my manuscripts tonight - what a downer! Perhaps I will have time for two hours of writing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Sounds like you've got your hands more than full!!! But I'm happy for you. I am still agonizing over the lack of info, here....you've got to fill me in!!!

And if you ever need any help - I'm just a phone call away!!