Wednesday, March 12, 2008

...

I almost hit a deer on my way home from class tonight. I imagined careening into the ditch while screaming. I usually find myself so wrapped up in just-as-vivid daydreams while I drive, so this really shouldn't have stuck with me the way it did. It made me assess some aspects of my life. I realized that I am simply keeping pace with my life.

I haven't been writing much poetry or fiction lately. I have been writing blog entries and such, but there doesn't seem to be much more.

I haven't been embracing my studies like I should. I have been waiting until the last minute to do everything. Up until now, that's been fine. Now, I have a lot of large assignments that I don't really care to complete.

I am bothered by walking across Eastern's campus at night. I've NEVER been one to be afraid, so I keep trying to reason with myself. I suppose this reaction is to the numerous muggings, rapes, and murders on that campus in recent years.

I am half-assing the teaching gig. We are in the middle of a snow-day-filled quarter. This week is broken up by the MME. I just don't care all that much lately. My students refuse to study. They refuse to complete assignments (and not because they don't have the necessary materials to do so - they tell me that they are just "too busy." Then drop German, ass holes!).

The only person I hang out with regularly is Jeremy.

I need a life. Seriously.

1 comment:

Messed Up said...

don"t get me wrong, but if you two are to get wedded. then he should be the one you hang with the most. I know i hang out with my wife as much as i can, i love being around her. but then again i am a little odd.