Sunday, March 09, 2008

Birthday gifts

Jeremy celebrated his 30th birthday on Thursday. I brought home an ice cream cake from Carvel, which pleased Jeremy (and Mike A., who I often find in our living room upon my return home from work). I opted to not attend rehearsal, and Jeremy and I drove to his parents' house for dinner. I bought Jeremy The Office: Seasons 1 - 3, and I've been watching them ever since. It almost like I bought them for myself. It's Jeremy's favorite show. I love that we both love the show.

My only real issue with the show is that I identify with characters on the show. I know that that is one reason that people watch TV, but I like being able to escape everything that portrays anything like my own life. If I am in front of the TV, there is probably something I don't want to consider, and seeing it on screen just makes my own worries that much more troublesome (and obvious).

1 comment:

Joe C said...

Nice gifts. He's a lucky guy.

It's good writing and even moreso, good acting that causes the effect you are describing.