Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tired

I woke up late this morning. That will teach me to rely on plug-in alarm clocks, huh? I wanted to stop relying so heavily on my cell phone. I frantically called two of my administrators; we had to get word to the other person administering the MME test that I was going to be late. Tiffany took over and completed the supervisor responsibilities today. I was so happy to learn that she was doing this. I felt like a total failure, though. I have NEVER shown up late for work before. I was angry at myself. I was totally freaked out because today is the final day of MME testing, too.

When I arrived, I went immediately to my room and got settled. By the end of testing, I was doing fine. I even made a bunch of origami rabbits and squirrels and placed them around the room I was assigned to for testing. Andy has some sort of thing for squirrels, from what the kids tell me, so I decided that he should return to a small collection of squirrels on his desk (the rabbits are everywhere else - taped to windows, placed next to his classroom objects, etc.).

I taught in the late morning / early afternoon. I worked on the English exam that no one else decided to help with. I hate that everyone just expects me to do things for them. I am tired of this.

I need to go shopping. I need to get my hair cut (but my mother is out of town, unfortunately). I don't have band, but I need to practice my music. Afterward, I will finish typing the exam. I also need to do a crapload of cleaning. I think my kitchen and living room will be taken care of by 4 or so tomorrow afternoon. I really need to focus on the upstairs and the basement.

No comments: