Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Rediscovered!

I have found so many things I thought that I had lost for good today, among them a necklace from Iran (from family friends), teaching materials, and a high school friend's music (recorded on audio cassette).

I found my nice diamond earrings yesterday while digging through a drawer in my living room.

I found gifts from former students who wanted to help build the cultural component of my German classroom years back.

So many things are returning to me. It makes me re-evaluate circumstances in my life.


The music was a great find. The friend was a musician through-and-through. He has always had this undeniable natural talent, and unfortunately, that has fallen by the wayside over the years. He didn't even have a recording of these two particular pieces (they are not songs as they have no lyrics). I found an old Sony radio with a cassette deck and played them. It took me back. After learning that the music tape was still of good quality, I recorded the music on my iPhone and emailed him the files (he, randomly enough, was online when I was online - a rare occurrence).

Sometimes the universe lines up and lets us have those moments and objects that serve to reconnect us.

No comments: