Monday, November 08, 2010

It's clear

I used to be so much more forward in my formative years. Why did that have to change? Did I just allow those skills to fall away as I believed I would never need them again?

I find this quite frustrating because I want to ask someone out. We dance around the topic daily, and he seems to be in the same predicament.

I want to shout that I like him. Several people already know, and they are colleagues. I didn't have to tell them; they see it.


How do I NOT alienate him if he's not feeling the same way about me? How can I battle through my fear of rejection? Can I really avoid it if I think he might be someone with whom I could find happiness?

I almost blurted it out today when we hung out for a while. It's getting closer and closer to the surface, and I don't know how to make it happen without the inevitable craziness. How do I do this subtly? How do I not make a fool of myself?


Deep down, I am not really afraid of the rejection of something more. I can handle seeking opportunities elsewhere. I am afraid of the rejection in the realm of friendship. We've been hovering there, and I don't want to lose that. I don't wish to alienate him. I want him to still feel comfortable talking to me.

1 comment:

Joe C said...

Take the risk. Tell him. Nothing wagered, nothing gained.