Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dream House

So, today Eric called to talk about some of the issues in his life. Well, correction: Eric needed a ride to meet his wife before heading to Grand Rapids. I think I had forgotten how much we leaned on each other back in college, and it has been wonderful building that again. I had been a terrible friend to him for some time - distant, focused on the negative, etc. - and so I recognize that more easily in my friendships now. I picked him up and drove him. On the way, I caught sight of my dream house. It is exactly what I want, right down to the small pond in the back. Unfortunately, during a weekend of disappointments, I suffered another blow: the house is listed at $595,000. I knew it would probably be a little out of my price range, but I didn't expect it to be that high. Even if I could get the loan, I would need a minimum of four roommates (the house has five bedrooms) with each paying nearly $1,000. a month just to be able to make the house payment. Yes, I was considering any way to afford this beautiful, historic landmark home.

It's the one I want.

I wish I earned more per year. I think I should polish up some of my college writing and get writing again. I need to bring in a heck of a lot more to make this dream a reality.

Check out the house.

No comments: