Saturday, November 13, 2010

Not good enough

Why would you call me in the middle of the night when we haven't spoken for weeks, not even to inquire how I've been. You tell me to come over, and I tell you I'm hesitant. You tell me to, pretty much, get over it and come over. When I try to draw out some information as to what to expect if I start late-night drinking with you, you hang up on me. You're a jerk. Plain and simple. You don't care about me in the slightest and we've known each other forever. You are a selfish, rude man, and you just made me feel even worse than I already did today, but you don't care. You are not good enough for me.


I am having a really rough night, and I realized tonight just how little I mean to those around me. People claim they are friends, but not a single person called me or called me back today. I tend to make most of the effort. Not a single one of you truly cares about what's going or not going on in my life, except for maybe Maia, James, or Eric, and Maia and I don't get to talk much anymore. I know that friendships goes through phases, but the fact that all of you are pulling away from me at the same time when I've put no demands on you makes me feel awful.

1 comment:

Joe C said...

I'm sorry you feel that way. I know I'm guilty of not picking up the phone, but there's been stuff going on and stuff I'm not really able to talk about. I don't really expend much energy these days to step out of my habitrail-type enclosed ecosystem, because well... I don't know. It makes me a lazy friend, and I possibly deserve the axe for it. But that one's your call.