Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Unfortunately, healing just hurts sometimes."

A nurse at the hospital said this to me on night when I asked for my pain medication. I'm acutely aware that she simply didn't want to be bothered with counting out my pills again, but the words are, nonetheless, true.

I am at my parents' house, regularly taking my medication, but the pain never eases.

My parents are doing their best to help me, but no one knows what something is like until they go through something similar. Telling me, "Yeah, I know it hurts." does not console me. It makes me feel like they think this can be cured with kind words. That's just not true.

I just had brain surgery twice in one month! It hurts to hear, to talk, to yawn, to smile, to talk, and to think. I can't will the pain away. My dad even said that I"m hining and moaning to "gt attention." That showed me that he's nowhere near to understanding this, even though he watched his father battle to reoover after a stroke, which is quite similar to what I suffered.

I want to be normal again. I want to be able o look back on this and derive some sort of lesson from the universe.

No comments: