Sunday, May 01, 2011

Good Day

James picked me up and took me to Ann Arbor. We parked the car and walked through the Diag to my favorite place in Ann Arbor. We talked about relationships, recovery, pain, and work.

We stoppedd for sandwiches at Amer's - my favorite sandwich shop in that entire city. I was thrilled to be conversing with such a good friend, but even more thrilled that I recovered a memory of the day prior to my aneurysm rupture - an entire day that has become a gap in my memory. I recalled where I was sitting when hanging out with Wes on March 13th. I didn't neceesarily need that memory to move forward with my life, but I wselcomed it, nonetheless.

James an I then went to a book store where I vowed to NOT buy "bargain books."

We walked down Main Street, and then headed to my condo in Ann Arbor to check on my cats. We talked for a couple of hours, which was really nice. I like that he doesn't expect me to be exactly who I was prrior to this whole nightmare. Eventually, he brought me back to my parents' house where we watched the tail end of the baseball game.

All-inall, it was probably the best day I've had since waking up after surgery.

No comments: