Friday, March 02, 2007

...

My mom was in a minor car accident this morning. We hadn't spoken since last weekend, when my mom and I argued about going to some stupid bridal show. She said the woman who hit her did not speak English well, and the woman's husband told her to get back in the car right after the collision. They then drove away. My mother was not able to get the license plate.

My mom is upset because her vehicle is still quite new. She bought one year ago yesterday. While that is terrible, I am just happy my mom is okay and that we were able to talk today.

I'm having a 'damn foreigners' moment. I live near many immigrants - mostly from India, as Canton is definitely a haven for Indians. They are quiet and reserved neighbors, but it takes them a while to grow accustomed to controlled traffic - I think they don't know all of the rules, but we isse them a license anyway. Traffic is very chaotic and unregulated in India, so daily, I see people driving through while children are crossing the streets. I see people pull out into traffic when there are no breaks in the line of cars (I've see several collisions near my complex).

I hope that my mom has her car fixed quickly and affordably.

The strangest part about my mom's phone call was that she was only calling to ask if I wanted the hockey tickets this weekend. She told me about the accident later in the call...and much later in the day. I've done the same to her, though. My dad and I usually wait until she is out of work for the day to tell her when something happens to either Autumn or myself.

1 comment:

Peaj said...

I am glad that your mother is ok. How have you been doing? I hope well. SOrry to hear about all the stress with your wedding. It will all work out though!