Monday, April 09, 2007

At wit's end...

I have an awful cold, and Jeremy is being a dick. I think he believes he is being helpful by sitting on his ass and not bothering me, but there is so much that needs to be done here. After three hours now of asking him to go to the store for me (he felt compelled to first email his buddies, talk on the phone, watch TV, and sit around), he is going. And what am I doing? I just folded HIS laundry and straightened a portion of the basement.

I am miserable. I wish he'd just leave for the day. Unfortunately, though, his company canceled his overnight trip tonight. I just need to be left alone.

Today, I still need to:

clean the kitchen
move the table from the basement into the kitchen
wash dishes
wash clothes
revamp my teaching portfolio
vacuum
clean my bedroom
clean the bathroom
clean the spare room
practice for my upcoming concert
grade student work
create lesson plans for the rest of the year
decide on a novel to teach
email or call Ryan
email or call Mike
move the exercise bike to the basement
arrange the basement so that it is more living space
dust furniture and electronics

AND I CAN'T EXPECT JEREMY TO HELP WITHOUT A FIGHT.


Why is he treating me like his mother?
I am considering moving into the spare room. My bed is already set up.

I am so sick of this shit. He acts great for a while, and then, when I need him to support me, he turns into an ass hole. I take care of him when he is ill, but for some reason, I don't get the same treatment.

Lately...
He's lazy.
He can't stay off the phone - perhaps I will cancel his service. After all, I am the one who pays the phone bill.
He's short-tempered.
He's selfish.
He's reluctant to help me with anything.

The main problem is that I love him too much. I probably let this happen.

He just left for the store - we'll see if he brings me what I asked for...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...

I guess I could respond to this, but I will refrain.

You probably do not want a response anyway, and I would once again sound like a heartless jerk.

It is just very hard for me to see people dealing with some of the same stuff I dealt with.

- James

Lish said...

I thank you for your concern.

I am irritated with Jeremy, but we talked about this. He is ending the day much better than he started it. In fact, he is going out to run an errand for me. I am thankful he is doing that, as well as the quiet I will experience for the next twenty minutes.

I am short-tempered when ill. That is probably what fueled my post.

When I am feeling well again, we should hang out, James.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you are sick. :-( I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if there is anything that I can bring over for you. I will be in that area on Wednesday evening....