Saturday, April 21, 2007

Performances

My concert went really well. The percussion ensemble was excellent; I am so happy I decided to join it.

I purchased tickets for my parents, Jeremy, and my sister plus her husband. I was glad to see them, but I was cranky toward the end, and I just wanted to go home. I felt I had spent enough money for the day, and I will see them tomorrow when we meet to celebrate my mother's birthday (Monday).

I tended to my garden and flowerbed today after I attended the school hug (a lame-ass attempt at creating community awareness and unity). I put on the supportive and happy teacher face in front of the parents, though.

I feel so angry right now. I don't know if it is the fact that my band season is done for a couple of months or what. I just feel as though I am being let down.

I have a German teacher professional development workshop next Saturday in Kalamazoo, which sounds like fun. Plus, I can stop to see Laura, James, and Noah in Battle Creek. I think I should see if they all want to meet for a drink. I haven't seen them in so long!

Anyway...
I thought Jeremy and I would be all over each other upon returning home tonight, as things were just starting to heat up when I had to leave. Instead, it's the opposite. I am feeling angry now, and I just want him to disappear for a while. I am pretending to be in a much better mood - I am not going to be bitchy to him just because I feel like I am having a bad night.

I need to get back into shape. I need to run. I need to do yoga. Maybe I just need some cabana boy to help keep me limber and keep my heart rate up! Just kidding.

Kcin called me prior to my concert. We talked for a short while on the phone - it's been so long!!! I will be calling her very soon to set up dinner or something. We've used myspace to catch up a little, but she and I were so close a long time ago - especially when her brother was dating my sister. Perhaps I will set up a girls' night out with her, Reenee, Beck, Krys, Teresa, and a few others.

Damn...I'm up; I'm down. I haven't felt a roller coaster like this in many years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have oft been called a very skilled cabana boy. ;) Oh wait, you were just kidding.

I guess I do not have much to say, I am sitting here at work in the middle of the night.

Feel free to stop by anytime you want.

- James

Anonymous said...

Those were totally unrelated statements.

After reading those in consecutive order, they look kind of flirtatious and borderline risque. Which was completely not my intent.

:)

Lish said...

I'll read them that way, anyway!
;-P

Jeremy and I will probably be starting a much more regular riding schedule soon. I would love it if you were to join us.

Lish said...

BIKE RIDING, THAT IS!!!

Anonymous said...

...and I was getting my hopes up too.

I guess Bike riding will have to do.