Monday, January 14, 2008

balance

Many of those nagging thoughts/insecurities/curiosities that were really taking over my life seemed to have subsided. I hope this isn't temporary. I rather like feeling like I am in control of my emotions and imagination.

My classes are going well. I especially like my Harry Potter course, although my other course seems to be something I will not hate all that much - it's theory, people...what else can I do but hate it?

School is okay. I still have to type the final draft of the German 1 exam. My English 12 students are all set. I have my grading mostly complete.

Mike V. called today. He had a voice lesson, but he still wanted to meet in Ann Arbor. I suggested we wait until things aren't so hectic (maybe the weekend - or, at least, Thursday). He also thought that was a good idea. Although Mike and I always have a blast in A2, there is simply too much going on right now. He said he should really spend some time with his girlfriend, anyway, considering she is stressed over her upcoming move to Chicago in March. And I have all kinds of homework and schoolwork. It was nice that we talked, though. I love that we are so routined.

Mondays seem to be Talk-to-Mike days. Does anyone else have this sort of thing with their friends?

2 comments:

Joe C said...

I like having days which are assigned to different groups or friends, as it' easier to stay in several social circles.

Wednesdays are occasionally a day I hang out with my friend Liz, and Thursdays is the general bowling crew. Sunday morning it's breakfast with my mother. All the other days, I see everyone else, as long as people make plans with me.

Anonymous said...

I don't, but I wish that I did. It would definately help to keep in touch if I knew what day was good to chat with others on.

I usually try to call you when I am on my way home from school, so it will change each semester, for the next few months, that will be on Tuesdays -- mark you calendar! LOL :-)