Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Ann Arbor

I forgot to take my vitamins today. I noticed a marked difference. It was difficult to stay on task. I had a killer headache. I was somewhat irritable. I suppose it could have just been the weather system affecting me, but it seems awfully coincidental.

I went to see my uncle's condo. I am all for living there. It needs some work (and a crap load of vigorous, intensive cleaning), but it will be a much better setup for me. It has 3 nicely-sized bedrooms upstairs, 1.5 baths, a full basement, complete with an office, a punching bag that will stay hanging in another section of the basement, a small but wonderful fenced-in yard, a fireplace, and a much better (recently remodeled) kitchen with room for a table. It is approximately 1300 square feet, not including the basement. That would be much better...and the real deal? My uncle will only charge me what I am paying now. That is a steal, especially for Ann Arbor!

I just need to make sure I have a job that will make it possible to live there.

I really do enjoy cleaning, and this place really needs it. I would really like to help update some things before moving in. I know my uncle and his wife would be doing a bunch of things, but part of me really wants in on the decision-making regarding paint color, etc. I will gladly help with all work, just to have some control. I would really like to rip out some of the wall paper. I'm good at that sort of thing. My current place doesn't really have the "look" I normally would give my home, but Jeremy and I thought that this place was only going to be temporary (meaning a home for one year), so we didn't change anything.

I am certain my uncle will be impressed with what I'd like to do to his condo. The property WILL be improved while I live there, both by me and by my dad, who has said he will definitely help out with modifications, etc.

I want my dad to check the stability of the second-floor balcony. It seems to be okay, but I just want him to check for me.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for me - I really need a job that anchors me in the area. I have a few leads in the Ann Arbor area...although I'd love one of the advertised jobs in Oakland and Macomb counties.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if Mike and I get the house, you're welcome to come stay with us -- though I'm not sure about the 4 female cats -- but we'd have ample space, its in norther Farmington Hills close to the always under construction freeways, and I would love to share the cleaning responsibilities with you -- I know that we'd get along great in that regard!1