Saturday, May 09, 2009

a few things

This week I visited and viewed my uncle's condo in Ann Arbor. I am all for living there - as long as I am allowed to paint as I please (I am very conservative with this sort of thing). The place definitely needs some work, well, some serious scrubbing. I want to suggest to my uncle that he hire a professional cleaning company for the job, as he has not really the kept his vacant second home in tip-top shape.

I would be excited to have a yard, albeit a tiny one. I can make the place look wonderful; I know that. I just need to find myself a job so that I can afford to live there. If I get a job north of Detroit, though, I will either stay where I am or move northward. I need to get this all figured out soon. My lease is almost up, and everything is so expensive.


I've been working on me lately, which hasn't been quite the crisis situation I thought it would be. The vitamins seem to keep me in check, which is great. I don't feel irrational or moody or confused when I remember to take them every day. My doctors have said that if I just continue taking vitamins, I should never have to be on medication for imbalances, etc., because all appears normal now. I wasn't "normal" earlier this year.

The angular cheilitis is under control now. Lucky for me, it didn't result in the scary pictures one sees on the internet. Instead, I just had redness at the corners of my mouth with small cracks. It's not contagious, nor is it something that I will necessarily suffer from in the future. As long as I continue taking B vitamins daily and protecting my lips better in times of stress and during the winter months, I should not have to deal with the pain or the unsightly things (not that many even noticed them. Mine didn't extend far from the lines of my mouth.). I'm so happy it's not some crazy thing like cold sores or something worse. My mom and my sister (and many of my cousins) get this during the winter. Pale-skinned, vitamin-deficient, women between the ages of 24 and 32 tend to get this fairly regularly. Does this make me more "normal?"


The job search continues. I have a few friends doing everything in their power to help me, which is wonderful. I just don't know what I would do if I couldn't find anything.

No comments: