Sunday, October 14, 2007

As Seen on Myspace...

So far, the Homecoming Dance count is:

6 students arrested for possession of alcohol (most "through consumption").

1 student hospitalized (one of the six arrested) - I witnessed the incident. Drunk (and high) student resisting arrest, etc.Quite a show!

2 times the freshman/sophomore dance had to be stopped because of indecency and violence. Manyof the students were engaged in activity that was in between dancing and sex.

4 kids refused at the door (despite the irate parents insisting they should be allowed in) because they couldn't get there by 9 PM - the dance started at 7:30.

2 kids suffering breathing problems - both were remedied without hospitalization

1 teacher suit coat stolen

16 times one student went to the bathroom to wash his hands while I was on door duty (35 minutes total)

16 chaperones who did not show up or call to say they weren't coming.

5 hours I stayed, even though I planned to only be there for one.

1 girl who allowed her date to pull up her dress and show off here undergarments while on the dance floor (that I witnessed, anyway).

1 male student who actually said (to me) he wouldn't dance to certain types of music with his date because he didn't want to disrespect her. Can you say "Awww!"?

2 carloads of non-students were chased off of campus by the police.

13 times the table was slammed against my legs by freshman and sophomore students who were acting like animals at the end of the night (coat check). I am going to have some nasty bruises.

2 pairs of shoes left unclaimed.

I may be able to add more to this list once I get back to school. Perhaps accidents and such. I saw a terrible accident on my way home - it could have been one of our students.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound interesting. I miss high school Dances. (not really).

I remember attending Churchill's Prom. Saw a guy pull up a girls dress to, as you say, "reveal her undergarments." It did not stop there though, as his hands wandered. I will leave the rest up to the imagination.

Anyway, this was quite an interesting post. I like the numbers thing.

KCinnamon said...

That is ablsolutely insane! Maybe i just didn't go to that many dances, but i couldn't image all that crap going on. Geez, maybe i should be glad that i didn't attend them. I'm certainly not jealous of your evening, lol

Lish said...

All the teachers who were at Homecoming were so angry today - myself included!

All I want to do is pour myself a nice tumbler of alcohol.

Anonymous said...

mix up some sparkling water, lime juice and mint -- it is a virgin Mojito