Saturday, October 13, 2007

dehydrated again

Once again, I am severely dehydrated. I refuse to go to the hospital, even though I've been having health problems all day (mostly vision, hearing, and muscle movement issues). I've been trying to take in a bunch of water, but I just can't keep drinking it.

I should be accustomed to this because it happens so frequently, but I just can't seem to force myself to drink enough liquid. I am really craving salt, too. That's probably a sign that something else is wrong, but I loathe going to the doctor - although my urologist is actually someone I am fine with (my current insurance stuff won't cover a visit to him without first visiting the doctor in the area who is listed as my primary care physician).

I feel as though I've wasted yet another Saturday. Jeremy is actually home this weekend, but we didn't go look at houses or reception halls - yeah, we are way behind schedule with our wedding plans! We are just rarely home at the same time, and it is difficult to make decisions that affect both of us in that situation.

Beyond the "normal" stress, I am to help with Homecoming tonight at work. I don't think I'll stay the whole time; but I said that about dances last year. The teachers end up going out drinking afterward, and that is an absolute blast! I wouldn't trust my body with alcohol today, though. I am facing enough stress on my organs.

4 comments:

Joe C said...

Gatorade or tea is what I'd suggest.

Lish said...

Gatorade makes me feel sick and tea is a diuretic.

Joe C said...

Don't know what to tell you then. Hope you survived the night. ;-)

Anonymous said...

drink water with a splash of lemon or lime juice, it makes it taste cleaner... you can also add a sprig of mint for flavoring. I can't drink gallons of water either... I used to drink faygo sparlkling water, but I can't find a store that sells it anymore...

I know from experience that you cannot let this go. You must stay on top of it and not let yourself get dehydrated.... I know what happens to me when I let that happen and you can't afford to let that happen to you.