Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday's Lament

Jeremy woke me up early and we talked about what's been going wrong lately. He decided that he will most likely return home every weekend during training. I had already made plans for next weekend to hang out with Noah, and I think Jeremy just wants to prevent that scenario. It's not that anything will happen with Noah...we'll drink...we'll dance...he may even flirt with me. Hell, he might even bring his on-and-off-again girlfriend to hang out, too.

Jeremy just doesn't want me to spend any time with Noah. Jeremy knows that I am concerned about our relationship, so he probably is trying to keep me from spending a lot of time with my guy friends. He doesn't say he is really worried about me wanting to date Noah, but he has told me he is afraid that I might leave him for Mike.

2 comments:

Joe C said...

That's probably the worst thing he could do -- attempt to keep you from hanging out with your friends. I do see his side too, but I think really it's lose-lose for him, at least in his eyes. It's just that the coming back lose seems better.

Thing is, okay -- he "wins" on weekends. That doesn't change the weekdays.

It boils down to trust. He seems in this instance to trust you 99% (there is an appearance of a margin of doubt), but he does NOT trust Noah. I've learned that all you can do is trust. After that first year of doing the LDR, I realized I was retarded and had complete trust in you. (Case in point, I initially didn't freak about Wes because of that trust.) Things went awry for us, but I still had complete trust.

Jeremy needs to have complete trust in you. If not, there's more problems under the surface.

Shafter79 said...

I disagree with JOe. I think it boils down to respect. Do you respect this relationship enough, respect Jeremy enough to honor his wishes.

His wish is that you do not spend alone time with male friends.

If you do not respect him or the realtionship enogh to honor his wishes, then your relationship may have more problems then you know.