Monday, October 15, 2007

Mike called today to see if I wanted to meet him in Ann Arbor. I really wanted to, but Jeremy is leaving tomorrow for four days. I thought it best to stay home with my fiance. I was irritated, though, as Jeremy did ignore me a little to study for his upcoming test. I pouted and then took a nap. Not exactly quality time together.

Mike sounded so disappointed when I told him I wouldn't be able to meet him. That made me feel special - someone actually wanted to spend time with me. I rarely get phone calls, and invitations out are even more rare.

The disappointment I felt is a concern. I had this impulse to rebel against Jeremy. I was angered by the notion that I should have to change what I am doing to suit him - that is certainly not be what I should thinking about considering we are now engaged.


This evening, Jeremy told me he is afraid that I might run off with Mike. Mike and I would never do this. That's just not the nature of our relationship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of these days I will have some free time and invite you out to do something with the group.

Problem is I never have free time to hang out with anyone anymore. Case and Point, I am currently at work on day 7 of 11 straight. I have not had less then 130 hours on my last 3 paychecks.

Saturday is my one day off and I am going to Cedar Point with Joe C, Laura, and Laura's roommate. I work on Sunday, then off to NYC for 2 days, then back to work 4 12-14 hour days.

Woo.

Anyway... I still do work out a but, but generally in the middle of the night now. I assume you would be sleeping since you are back in school.

KCinnamon said...

i think it's totally natural for Jeremy to have those feelings of doubt. any time you are in a relationship, and that person is hanging out with the opposit sex, those thoughts come in to your mind. i think that's just human nature. Certainly some people are better with dealing with these thoughts, or pushing them aside because they know better, but some aren't. I kind of have to say i understand where jeremy would be coming from. not saying that i think yr gonna run off with some other guy at all, don't get me wrong, but the fear that he feels. the worst part is, the more you love the person, the worse those fears are. I mean i'm not a jealous person at all, but honestly, if will was spending a bunch of time with some other chick, even you, it would make feel feel uncomfortable. i would wonder what you have that i don't, why he would rather be with you, what you say together, what you do together, blah blah blah. and i trust him whole heartedly, and know he would never in a million years cheat on me or anything, and i know that you would never blah blah blah. you can't help the thoughts that go through your head, and in my opinion, people that are in serious relationships add extra strife when they hang out with members of the oposit sex unless the partner is there, or at the very least other people are there.