Monday, August 25, 2008

It Must Be That Time of Year Again

So, as my summer vacation comes to a close, I am met with familiar practices in my complex. New families moving in, kids playing an evening game of basketball out back, and a brand new group of teenagers throwing dice and gambling. This time, they were stupid enough to throw the dice in front of the complex manager's townhouse. I know kids will push the limits on things, but what the hell? Do I really need to see some worthless people's kids breaking the law near my home? My complex has been little help with this sort of behavior. I pay to live here; I shouldn't have to put up with crime. The drug problems were pretty much cleared up by the beginning of summer. This will just bring that shit back. Again.

They ran off this time, but every time they don't get in trouble makes them feel that they are allowed to continue the behavior.

I should make this next point clear. I don't blame them entirely. I think that their parents must be pieces of shit, too. Where else would they learn that it's okay to throw dice in the streets? Part of me wants it to get a little out of hand...at least to the point where one of them kills someone in their own group over some minuscule amount of money. Maybe then they and their parents will give a damn about the law.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what kind of craphole complex do you live in. I would absolutely hate to live there.

;)

I honestly do not think things are so bad on my side of the road. But I definitely see the problem kids on your side.

Weird.