Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MV and HF performance

I drove to Fenton to hear Mike and Hannah sing tonight. I asked Jessy if he'd join me. He didn't want to commit to anything because he was helping a friend with something in the early evening. I really didn't expect him to show, but suddenly, there he was. I was so happy to see him. I hadn't realized how much I had missed him over my summer vacation. We both did some traveling this summer, so it's understandable why we didn't hang out. I still missed him, though. His classroom is right next to mine, and we've become close friends over the last couple of years.

I had actually found myself in great conversations with Mike's colleagues and friends, and I felt guilty for asking one of my friends to show up. I was afraid that I would have no one to talk to. I didn't want to be the creepy one at the bar either staring at Hannah and Mike or drinking so much that I wasn't looking at anything in particular. All worked out well, though, and Jessy seemed genuinely happy to be a part of the evening. I was happy, too.

Mike and Hannah did a wonderful job, as usual, and I was thrilled for them. I am especially proud of Mike for kicking his music schedule into high gear this summer. While we haven't had much time to visit, he is pursuing the music career he wants and that is good. I hope he transitions back into teaching mode easily.

No comments: