Saturday, August 09, 2008

"A nice little Saturday..."

After falling asleep around 5 AM, Jeremy let me sleep in until noon. Our next-door neighbors spent five hours last night screaming and throwing things around. I am not sure if it escalated to physical assault, but it doesn't matter to me. They prevented me from getting some much-needed rest. I hate to sound like I don't care about their well-being, but honestly, if you are that violent and loud, perhaps you shouldn't be living in a place that shares walls with others, particularly those who consider themselves to be quiet, professional people who don't cause disturbances.

Jeremy treated me to lunch at Chipotle. I dragged him shopping. I wanted to buy a few shirts, and that's what I did. I maintained composure at the check-out counter when the family ahead of us spent way too long arguing whether or not one of their children needed the socks she had selected (they thought the socks were on sale for $9, but they were actually $12). I was ready to scream, but I remained quiet. I silently wished they'd burst into flames.

Jeremy has to work tonight, and I plan to go to Mike's gig. It's close and convenient. I don't think Mike will want to hang out afterward, even though we haven't been able to really visit in months. I need his advice, and he just isn't there for me this summer. I can't blame him; he is simply creating the life he wants to live. Unfortunately, I don't know who else I can talk to about this. I think that is because he and I are wired the same, and he understands me better than most. He could make sense of all of it since I lack the ability to view my own life objectively.

No comments: