Saturday, August 23, 2008

Being the change

(While I recognize that someone may see the word "change" and assume this has something to do with B. Obama, it doesn't. Sorry.)


Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi


Solid words to live by. I'm not sure if it is the shift back to the working world that is making my entire perspective change, but I am happy that it is happening. This summer, although wonderful in its ample opportunity for adventure and new experiences, needs to come to a close. I spent a lot of time thinking over the past few months. I don't like some aspects of my personality, so I choose to change them. They won't change overnight, as no permanent change truly works that quickly, but I am well on my way to living a much more positive life. I will have setbacks, but that is normal, and I am ready for them.

If I want others to be proactive, I need to be the first to do that. Some of the more noteworthy topics lately have been: seriously looking at possible wedding dates and plans (we both want something small - yay!), home organization and decor, fitness routine (I can't say I love it just yet, but I am hating it less and less), making time for friends (I tend to feel uncomfortable in public places, so I am working on this), treating myself to "girly" things that make me feel pretty, and getting ready for the school year.

1 comment:

Joe C said...

Change is good.