Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Dream

I keep dreaming that my car is stolen. I go to pick up pizza and someone steals it from the parking lot while I am inside the building. I never learn, even though I remember during each dream that my car was stolen from that same spot every time. I routinely lock the doors, look back at the car, enter the building, and then within a minute of standing in line or reaching the counter, I look back out the window to see my car is nowhere to be found.

With what I know about the meaning of dreams and psychology, this probably means something along the lines of loss of how I move through life in regard to some of the qualities that define who I am: relationships, work, etc. The relationships that used to keep me going aren't there anymore or, at least, they don't move me the same way. Work doesn't really have opportunities for advancement that other fields offer. In any case, the dream probably has to do with some sort of failure or loss.

No comments: