Wednesday, March 15, 2006

...

Feeling hopeful today. Perhaps it was the release of so much I needed to say in yesterday's entry. Perhaps it is that I am losing weight (and feeling great - if that's not too cliché).

I contacted WMU about discrepancies on my tax forms. I've been doing this for almost two months now, but it has not been helped. Today was different. The person who helped me seemed to actually understand the situation, and she is going to fix it in the system after consulting with the individual who erred. Victory! She explained that I would hear back from her, personally, tomorrow with the final outcome – whether I will receive a formal letter to attach to my files or a revised tax form.

I started reading my old blog entries. I put them to a new blog until I can come to some psychological understanding of why I say certain things to people. It is only through reflection and discipline that we change how we present ourselves to the world. It’s not about living in the past. It’s about using the past as a tool to understand human behavior, which is over ninety percent due to prenatal wiring. The nurture versus nature debate keeps coming up in my educational research. Perhaps at some point I will share what I’ve learned about human development, at least how it affects learning. Maybe that is a bit too boring. We’ll see.

No comments: