Sunday, March 19, 2006

...

Sunlight poured through my window this morning, and I woke quickly. I feel well-rested and energetic. I started cleaning my apartment - the kind of cleaning that annoys Jeremy. I like to clean everything with bleach, from the ceiling to the floor - twice. I scrub every surface, including moldings (with an old toothbrush). It's this type of obsession that I love. It makes me jump head-first into all sorts of projects afterward. I made a list of chores, activities, and other things to accomplish today. I've only 40 items on the list, but I left room for more. I have completed about half of them already.

Yesterday, I attended a statewide English teacher conference at MSU. With all of the events there, I am starting to feel right at home on campus. The majority of the sessions were worthwhile, and I really enjoyed the keynote speaker. I attended one session that promoted teacher activism within communities. That is right up my alley. I was involved with a literacy council my first two years of teaching, and boy, were we political! I enjoyed being in an influential position regarding education standards and initiatives.

That is all. I want to return to my cleaning.

No comments: