Saturday, December 13, 2008

9:00 on a Saturday

I don't remember the last time I saw 9:00 AM on a Saturday. I woke before 7:00 today, having slept from 9:00 PM last night. I couldn't believe it. I did dishes and cleaned some of the bathroom. I booted up the computer and looked over several items to make a short Christmas list. The only thing I need is a winter coat (and Jeremy was with me while I picked one out at Dick's Sporting Goods last night). It's more expensive than the limit we had set for ourselves, as North Face products can be pricey, but we decided to tweak the numbers this year. I really need a coat (I've been simply wearing three or four layers of clothes under one of Jeremy's old thinly-lined coats), and the one I tried on is perfect. I don't need anything else, and I can't bear to ask anyone for anything that I wouldn't probably get for myself, anyway. Christmas will be incredibly small this year - everyone is struggling financially, whether it is due to job loss or governmental dipping into already-established retirement funds (which I find horrifically disturbing - taking money from those who did prepare for their futures to give to people who didn't and to help business recover profit loss).

I might ask my parents for a Gorillapod for my camera this year. I don't really need a major tripod, as I don't really have a nice digital camera just yet. I have a decent one that I will continue to use for a while before upgrading (probably next year). I also might ask for a violin. I found a great deal on one online. My parents ordered my tenor ukulele from the same company last year, as well as a bunch of percussion instruments. I just feel strange, though, asking for something that is not necessary. I was just wishing last year for a tenor uke, and I could not believe that my parents got me one. They raised me to be overly practical, so splurging on something like that for me is outrageous.

I ended up not having percussion rehearsal last night, so I looked over my project notes. I have so much work ahead of me. I need to plan better next semester. There is just too much to accomplish before Monday.

Jeremy is on duty for breakfast today, as I did dishes and gathered dirty clothes this morning. He also has to run errands, even though I cautioned him to hurry. He also has homework to do. I can't stand when life gets in the way of formal education.

No comments: